Subject: Berkeley Unix User Group public announcement
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jon McClintock <jammer@weak.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/25/2000 17:51:59
Announcing the Berkeley Unix User Group!

We invite you to our new Unix get-together: BUUG  (Berkeley Unix User
Group):  a support network for residents of the Bay Area who
want to learn and discuss Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, or other Unix-type
operating systems. Our next meeting is this Thursday (Jan. 20), and is
always free: Cafe Au Cocolat in Berkeley, 2000 University Ave. (2 blocks
west of Shattuck)...from 7 to 9 pm.

BUUG is a weekly social gathering that could also serve as a network for
all other Unix sigs out there; especially those with a more formal
structure that meet only once a month. BUUG would be a place to just hang
out and schmooze with like minds, as often as once a week. All interest
levels are welcome--from newbie to hacker--with especial invite to those
upgrading from Windows to Linux.

We just held our first meeting last Thursday, and have barely begun to
create a web presence. Our home page--be it ever so humble--is at
"http://www.weak.org/buug/". There, you can register for our mailing list,
or just read the archives. If you want to contact us directly, send e-mail
to: "buug-admin@weak.org", or voice call: 1-888-830-5746x8275

We hope some folks from your group will enjoy attending BUUG. So please
consider showing up at our next casual meeting . Look for people sporting a
BUUG sticker, and having more fun than anyone else. After all: Unix geeks
do rule!