Subject: Re: Another Manual ???
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/21/2000 13:29:59
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Matthew Orgass wrote:

> * I think it would be a good idea to convert the man pages to DocBook.
> SGML is *much* nicer to read then roff and can be additionally marked up
> for more expressive medium.

I'm pretty much in agreement that troff has probably got to go if
we're going to have folks who haven't been using Unix since 1980 doing
signifcant work on the documentation. Heck, I used to do *everything*
in troff, including personal letters, but even I can't stand it now.

But this is not an issue I'm about to push. I've got enough other things
generating flamage in my direction that I don't need more from this. :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org