Subject: Re: Another Manual ???
To: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/2000 15:22:43
David, you are indeed correct, the instructions posted are really only
simple to those who have already used some unix system before.

To a complete newbie, it is gibberish.

NetBSD has not historically catered to brand-new unix users, but as NetBSD
develops, it has become easier and easier to use and install.

But it's not at the level of a double-click on an "Install-NetBSD" icon yet.

But I can guarantee you this:  If you are willing to mention exactly what
you still need to have further explained, people here will help you.  I have
found NetBSD types to be the friendliest people around when you need help.

Also, perhaps as part of this experience, maybe you would consider writing
a "NetBSD for Newbies" guide?

-Mike