Subject: What large tape drives are people using?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/2000 02:28:05
We're looking at using NetBSD as a file server, and need a tape
to do backups.   One of

	Exabyte Mammoth 2 (M2)	(60Gb)
	SONY AIT-2 (50Gb)
	SONY AIT-1 (35Gb)
	DLT-7000 (35Gb)

(pre-compression sizes given) looks likely to be picked, unless
there are other (better) solutions.  Of those, the last 2 look to
be a bit too small for what we need.

Has anyone used any of those successfully on NetBSD?   Anyone
have any reason for suspecting that any of them wouldn't work?
Or any reason that we should avoid any of those (unreliable, etc).

We currently use twin (smaller) DLT robots on our main server.
Using a robot is another option here, but simply getting a high
capacity tape seems simpler to manage.

Thanks,

kre