Subject: Help with ppp setup
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/18/2000 20:57:30
 How do I configure pppd to connect to a dialback CHAP server?
 I have pulled in http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/pppnat/pppnat.tgz
 and had a look at Hubert Feyrer's networking FAQ.

 Dialing out seems to work fine, but at the stage when the server
 rings back, pppd isn't running anymore.

 Is it just a matter of removing ABORT CARRIER from the chat script
 and setting a larger timeout? Documentation about this seems to be
 quite rare.

 And what about AutoAnswer (which defaults to off on my modem), do
 I need to turn it on when initialising the modem?

 [Amiga 3000 builtin serial, /dev/tty00 disabled in /etc/ttys as per
 pppnat README.]

 Thanks.