Subject: CD-R[W] recommendations
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <sam@Progressive-Systems.Com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/14/2000 12:38:07
I am in the process of looking for a CD-R or CD-RW recorder to burn
CD's using cd-record on NetBSD 1.4.1.  I am not particular whether the
interface should be SCSI or IDE.  Usage for this burner will be light;
mostly archives and duplication of CDs.  The primary concern is
reliability; it only takes a couple of bad burns [pun wholly intended
:-)] before confidence in the whole process/recorder/NetBSD/etc. will
be shaken.

I looked through the archives for 1999 but didn't find any
suggestions.  Maybe netbsd-users isn't the list I should be looking
at.  Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations from the experts as to
what has worked well, or more importantly, what _hasn't_ worked.

Thanks,
Sam