Subject: adduser
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Emre <emre@iris.vsrc.uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/14/2000 06:43:11
Hey folks,

Ok, this is just a suggestion, so please don't flame me for it :)

It would be really nice if in the future version of NetBSD (1.5 maybe?)
there would be adduser kind of application, like in FreeBSD. Maybe some-
thing like a script that also lets the administrator set user disk quotas
and process limits on users while they are added.  This would come very
handy if for example someone has to add hundreds of users to a system;
editing the passwd file would be a pain.

By the way....why doesn't NetBSD come with adduser? Every other BSD,
Linux or Unix comes with it (or useradd).  Is there a specific reason?

PS: I'm aware of addnerd in the ports, and I use it...but the thing is
that I have to set passwords for users after I add them (or set an
encrypted password with -p).  Maybe a "adduser" can be put in the
ports? :)

Thanks...

--
Emre Yildirim
Fingerprint = B16C EBA7 97FE EF2C 365F C4C4 54AA 3676 5E9E E10A