Subject: Re: bash problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/13/2000 10:00:45
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Chris Pinnock wrote:

> I would personally not use bash for a root shell. This is because it
> usually sits in the /usr partition. I want root to be able to run a shell
> even if the /usr partition gets corrupted - so I stick with /bin/csh.
> (Actually, the first thing I do as root is usually type exec
> /usr/pkg/bin/bash, but that's another story...)

Good point about the package system installing bash in /usr, but couldn't
we bash-users have the best of all possible worlds by moving bash to /bin
and, if we're paranoid about space on /, moving one or more of the
(unused) default shells back to /usr/pkg?

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer  	 Auto Gear Equipment
			Host	 		 Classic-FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		 The Payne Lake Project