Subject: Stopping wildcard expansion?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/11/2000 01:52:46
Hi!

Sometimes when using "poor man's search" (grep something
*/*/Makefile), I change my mind in the middle of it, and try to CTRL-C
out of it -- but it doesn't work: I still have to wait before the
shell (bash) has expanded all the filenames, only then do the CTRL-C's
I've entered finally do something. Is there a way to stop this faster?
(except killing the shell) Is this something bash should learn, or is
the problem on NetBSD's side?

Thanks,
 Thomas

--