Subject: Successes using HP PhotoSmart S20 (USB)?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <bsd@manumission.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/07/2000 07:51:44
I'm soon to delve into scanning a pile of slides from my travels,
and have settled on either the HP PhotoSmart S20 or the CanoScan
2710. The CanoScan is SCSI-based, and so I don't anticipate any
problems pulling out images using SANE (SCSI seems to be the
tried-and-true method of hooking up scanners).  But the S20 is
USB-based, of which I know very little.  The SANE FAQ isn't very
positive of USB, but it references some Linux USB pages which seem
to have had some success.  Has anybody had either used the S20, or
had any luck with some other USB scanning device? How compatible
is our USB implementation to Linux's?

Thanks.