Subject: printcap entry, and my printer
To: None <>
From: Sean Matheis <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/1999 21:00:59

I'm trying to get my HP LaserJet 6MP (6P + Adobe PS SIMM) setup on
my Netbsd 1.3.2 machine.  I can get the printer to print out postscript
output, but the following things happen that I don't want:

  * It prints out a bungled header page.
  * It barfs when trying to print out non-ps (ie. lpr <foo>)

Here is the entry in my /etc/printcap file for the printer:

lp|ps|My HP 6MP:\

I've tried both /dev/lpt0 and /dev/lpa0, and both produce similar results,
in that the header page is printed and I"m not sure where I need to go
to disable it.  I've looked through lpc, lpd, printcap man pages to no

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean (