Subject: netbsd on laptop bug?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/1999 15:23:26
I ran into a little problem with NetBSD on a laptop that I was wondering
if it was a known bug or just me doing something wrong. I installed NetBSD
on a used Toshiba T4800CT laptop I had just bought. I have a 3Com
Etherlink III PCMCIA card (model 3c959, I think it was). Anyway, the card
was borrowed, and I had to give it back. But I put it back in later, and
it caused a kernel panic. Do I have the kernel configuration for PCMCIA
set up wrong, or is this a known bug?

-----
In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are
----