Subject: adduser missing?
To: None <>
From: Kenny Drobnack <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/1999 17:42:18
I have a question. I bought the Cheapbytes NetbSD 1.4 CD. Upon installing,
I tried adding a user with useradd, adduser, and just about any variation
I could think of. After this failed, I read thru some docs, and found
about the vipw command. I used vipw, but it seemed a very tedious way to
add users. And "man adduser" brought up a man page. Is my CD just missing
the adduser binary or what? Also, what is the easiest way to go about
adding this program?

In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are