Subject: adduser missing?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/1999 17:42:18
I have a question. I bought the Cheapbytes NetbSD 1.4 CD. Upon installing,
I tried adding a user with useradd, adduser, and just about any variation
I could think of. After this failed, I read thru some docs, and found
about the vipw command. I used vipw, but it seemed a very tedious way to
add users. And "man adduser" brought up a man page. Is my CD just missing
the adduser binary or what? Also, what is the easiest way to go about
adding this program?

-----
In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are
----