Subject: Re: JBuilder w/ jdk1.1.6
To: Frank van der Linden <>
From: Scott Bartram <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/13/1999 12:27:05
I have unfinished patches for 1.2. I stopped work on 1.2 to focus on
updating our 1.1 release to 1.1.8.

According to Sun, we cannot distribute binaries for 1.2 without the

1) pay royalties
2) pay for and pass a certifcation test

Now, keep in mind that this is the "official" position. Linux (Blackdown)
got a waiver on #1 and I don't think they had to pay for #2 although
they were not allowed to call it a "release" until they passed the cert

I plan to followup with Sun on the waivers after I release 1.1.8 (hopefully
today - almost done...).