Subject: Re: how to setup dhcp
To: Fong Siu Lung Gordon <ein@hkstar.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/02/1999 16:57:14
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Fong Siu Lung Gordon wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:54:15 +0800 (HKT)
> From: Fong Siu Lung Gordon <ein@hkstar.com>
> To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
> Cc: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>, netbsd-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: how to setup dhcp
>

> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Jasper Wallace wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Chan Yiu Wah wrote:
> >
> > > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:09:09 +0800 (HKT)
> > > From: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
> > > To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
> > > Cc: ein@hkstar.com
> > > Subject: how to setup dhcp
> > >
> > > Hello,
> >
> > hi,
[snip stuff]

> I do need the information to setup and debug at the Win side.  How can I
> use it?

under 98 and 95 go to start, click on run, and type winipcfg and press
enter.

then chose your ethernet adapter from the drop down menu and you can see
it's current settings with the 'more info' button, release the lease on the
ip address it's got with 'release' andf renew it withj 'renew'.

if all is working well and you have the 'more info' section open you should
be able to click the renwe button and the lease expiry time will go up.

running

# tcpdump -v -v -v -n -s 1500 -i <your network interface, - e.g ed0>

on your netbsd box while clicking renew on the win machine should show you
the packets going back and forwards...

--
    They were so ignorant! Young men and women, educated very carefully to
be apolitical, to be technicians who thought they disliked politics, making