Subject: US Robotics Modem Problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/01/1999 10:27:07
I'm setting up a i386 NetBSD box (1.4.1, Pentium 133, 48megs) with a
newer US Robotics 56K internal modem to do dialing for my home network.
I've got NetBSD all set up on it, that was no problem - but I'm getting
wierd results trying to access the modem. I was constantly getting
errors back from pppd, so I grabbed minicom and started playing with the
modem.

If I type in AT<enter>, I get the following response:
BOOT>

If I type in almost anything else, I get ERROR. I get some completely
useless information from ATIx, where 0<x<7, but it doesn't match up with
what SHOULD be comming out of the ATI calls. All of the other normal AT
commands result in ERROR.

Does anybody have any idea what the heck is going on with this thing?

 -Buckaroo