Subject: Mounting LFS?
To: NetBSD general help <NetBSD-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/26/1999 09:43:54
Hello...

I have the following entry in my /etc/fstab

/dev/wd0c		/usr/local/audio	lfs	rw,noauto	1 2

/dev/wd0c and /dev/rwd0c are owned by root:operator and have the permissions
660. /usr/local/audio is owned by hermit:staff with the permissions 775 and
empty. When I mount with the above entry I can access the partition, but
lfs_cleanerd exits with

    get_ifile: bad open: Permission denied

The same happens, when I run lfs_cleanerd myself. "I" means in those
circumstances the user hermit, who is in the groups wheel, operator, staff.
When I mount the partition as the user root lfs_cleanerd works.

I am using NetBSD-current (built with the source from yesterday) on the
i386 port.

Thanks in advance,
Björn

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)