Subject: Re: digital camera software?
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/22/1999 21:09:37
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> i have a Fuji MX-500 camera borrowed here, including the serial cable to
> the computer. Using camediaplay
> (ftp://ftp.itojun.org/pub/digi-cam/C-400L/unix/), I don't get anything
> useful from the camera. I've tried all baudrates I could think of, but no
> go. Does anyone know some other/better software? (I remember that
> camediaplay worked fine for some other camera, though).

there is a program called gphoto.  I haven't used it, but my brother has
(under NetBSD of course) and said it's nicer than the windows program
which came with his camera (a kodak).  He had to fix a few bugs and make a
few changes for NetBSD.  I think he was planning on making a package out
of it.  I can see when he was planning on doing that and maybe I'll just
get his patches.

-Dan