Subject: Re: PPPoE
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.or>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/28/1999 10:26:47
> Has anyone made a PPPoE client for NetBSD?  I need one ASAP.  I have
> one for Linux, but not in source code, so I can't port it.

Yes - I did.  I have a DSL thingy from the local telco, and they use
PPPoE.  Fortunately, they were able to point me at something which
pointed me at something which pointed me at RFC 2516.  It didn't look
complicated, so I sat down and wrote an implementation.

It uses bpf to talk to the Ethernet and a pseudo-tty to talk to pppd,
so performance is less than amazing, but it does work.  I mean to move
it into the kernel someday (in my Copious Spare Time, yeahright).

Anyone who's interested in a copy of the code, contact me off-list.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca