Subject: Re: Gnu textutils?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/21/1999 22:11:47
[ On Thursday, October 21, 1999 at 15:05:32 (-0300), David Maxwell wrote: ]
> Subject: Gnu textutils?
>
> Has there been any discussion in recent history, about updating the Gnu textutils
> we use? I happened to notice that our 'sort' is pretty old, specifically because it
> doesn't mention some options in the man page, and doesn't support '-g'...
>
> FreeBSD is using an up to date (or at least _more_ up to date) version.

I thought someone had proposed switching to a non-gnu sort (based on the
one from the 4.4-Lite2 contrib/sort directory IIRC) and was just
cleaning up the final few features missing from POSIX compliance.

The 4.4-Lite2 version starts out with:

/*-
 * Copyright (c) 1993
 *      The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
 *
 * This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by
 * Peter McIlroy.
 *

--
							Greg A. Woods