Subject: adjustkernel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: george sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/16/1999 07:19:15
This script came at an opportune time:  thanks, Hubert!  My guess is
that a 'tweaked' version should be added to the base package or at least
mentioned in the Kernel HowTo.

Unfortunately, convenience came at a slight price.  After recompiling
and installing the new kernel, my network connection has been broken.
The install is i386/1.4.1 on an IBM ThinkPad 755c 486DX4-75.  Using  a
D-Link 660 pcmcia card, on GENERIC my net connection was ne2.  Using the
new kernel its ne0,  for which dmesg reports 'network is unreachable'.
Can this be fixed without recompiling?

The only other thing I noticed was in the title block, where dmesg
reports the new kernel as NetBSD 1.4 instead of 1.4.1.

Thanks again,

George