Subject: Re: SCSI support in NetBSD
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/15/1999 18:02:06
> You may have to set IRQ/IO adress manually so that the INSTALL kernel can
> detect it. (AFAIR it's described in the installation notes somewhere)

	The install floppy disk printed a message that says it detected my
SCSI card on boot up. Does this mean its working, or the kernel just knows
what it is?
	I have another question. It would save me a lot of effort if
someone could tell me what kind of IDE CD-RW drives work well with NetBSD
(or any other *BSD systems).  From what I was reading, most CD-RW drives
aren't completely ATAPI compliant, and so only work well with the Windows
drivers.  Now for SCSI on the other hand, you plug the drive into a
working SCSI controller, and you're up and running (I know a little
over-simplified, but hey).

-----
 We are now the Knights who say...
 "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
      -the Knights who formerly said "ni" "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
----