Subject: Re: SCSI support in NetBSD
To: Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/15/1999 19:55:42
On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 04:40:27PM -0400, Kenny Drobnack wrote:
> 	Now for the second reason.  I have a cheap-o SCSI card I got and
> want to get a CD-RW to hang of it.  It just so happens that the older
[...]
> 	Anyway, I saw the right chipset and a very similar card on the
> support hardware list, but I do not want to clobber my hard drive with a
> new OS and realize that I am in the same boat as I was before.
Hmm. Here's an idea how you can test it by yourself:

Get an NetBSD-install floppy and boot it. If it detects your
SCSI-Card and you can (say) mount a CDROM with it, then you know it works
(somewhat).

>         The SCSI card in question is an Adaptec 1505-AI.  Its a very cheap
> ISA SCSI-II card with only one internal connector (no external).  Here's
You may have to set IRQ/IO adress manually so that the INSTALL kernel can
detect it. (AFAIR it's described in the installation notes somewhere)

Good luck!
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.