Subject: Help with routing please?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@redwolf.workofstone.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/01/1999 18:27:40
Here is the problem, I have an Intel box with four network cards setup like this:

1) Internet, ISP 1
2) Backup Internet, ISP 2
3) DMZ, Web servers/mail/dns etc.
4) Private net, using NAT to nic 2.

99% of inbound traffic comes to NIC 1, the IP addresses from ISP 1 are the ones for business use.  Everything to and from the DMZ goes through NIC 1. The default route on the system is to the gateway on ISP 2.

Here is the problem, I need to have the trafic from the private network (using NAT) to go to the gateway on ISP 2.  I've got NAT programmed to use the NIC 2, but I have no clue how to define what is pritty much a second default route.

Both sides NIC 3 and NIC 4 need to get routed through different interfaces but still get to the entire network (not just the local net attached to the interface)

 :(

Is that possible?  How can I arrange it?

Thanks for your help!
-Sean

--------
Sean J. Schluntz                                schluntz@workofstone.com