Subject: Help with Taylor UUCP 1.06.1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Phil C <pchampon@sefl.satelnet.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/1999 16:45:18
I am terribly confused...

Taylor UUCP can either compile with mkdir(2) if the machine has it or use
mkdir(1) and its own defines if the machine does not have mkdir(2)... Fine.

I am using NetBSD-1.4.1 on an i386, it has its own mkdir(2), but when I compile
uucp, and I try to login as any of my uucp users or any of my uucp users try
to log in, I get the error:

uucico: mkdir ('/var/spool/uucp'): No such file or directory

If I (foolishly, though just to test things) comment out
/usr/include/sys/stat.h:260 (the mkdir definition), tell config.h that MKDIR
is defined as 0, MKDIR_PROGRAM is "/bin/mkdir" (exists and functions), tell
{uucp_src_dir}/unix/Makefile.in that it should also include mkdir.o as a
needed object and compile... I receive the following error:

uucico: mkdir ('/var/spool/uucp'): Permission denied

I have fudged with the ownership and permissions on the dirs too, I have
changed their log in dirs to other places, I have made the sys files let them
write to /var/spool/uucp and take from it also... to no avail,
they *always* fail... Somone please help me out here... I am at a loss as to
what I should do next ...

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
phil c