Subject: Re: general question.
To: Hume Smith <hclsmith@glinx.com>
From: Jon Miner <miner@doit.wisc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/1999 17:06:07
* Hume Smith (hclsmith@glinx.com) [990923 15:13]:
> >He was merely trying to refute the opinion of some linuxers that
> > claim there are too many different bsd's.
>
> Intersting.   Part of my dislike of Linux has been the  hundred or so
> different distributions of it.

Yes, there are more distributions of it, but there is only one kernel
(well, one kernel of Version X).  But it's a moot point.  The
distributions do things differently enough that it seems like there are
different linuxes.

Anyway, there are multiple BSDs, and multiple linuxes.  And there are
those that like one and those that like another.

jon

--
Jonathan J. Miner----------------------|        miner@doit.wisc.edu
Network Systems Technology             |               608/262.9655