Subject: Re: upgrading 1.4-1.4.1
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/21/1999 23:53:48
Thanks for reacting on my questions.
I agree that the way you say much more easy is and so on.
However, to upgrade the packages i use sup allrdy.
And what's more...... getting all the source, compile it etc etc... is
much more exiting....
Outside that i noticed that when i installed netbsd 1.4 i didnt have much
source. I needed to get the packages source and i had to get the
syssource.. And still i think there is more source to get.
I noticed today that for example i didnt have the source of mbrlabel.
Therefore i want to get ALL and really all the source in here and
configure and compile a new kernel, compile that whole system en rdy....
Well it will take a day to compile all maybe, but that's what i want.
So i ask if somebody who did it and still does i more times could help me
with this.
I am only used to use Sup to upgrade the pkgsrc. Thanks to Dave Burgess
who explained me how.
So, can anyone help me?
Bye,

Reinoud.