Subject: Laptop: Suspend to disk?
To: NetBSD users <NetBSD-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/1999 22:38:40
Hello...

I just got me a laptop and see that it supports suspend to disk. I remember
seeing a discussion about that here and found it in the mail archives, but
I think I saw some solution/hints about that as well and those were not in
the mails I found. Perhaps someone can give me a clue?

As a sidenode: Is there any support for serial infrared ports? Perhaps this
is supported independent of the media for the data transport as a normal
serial port? (I didn't boot that machine yet with NetBSD. The CD-ROM can't
read CD-RW, so I need to make a CD-R and rather started over with an uptodate
one than my old version.)

Oh, BTW: I have "MANZ=1" in my mk.conf and therefor get compressed man pages.
This seems to be a problem for the make release target, as it expects normal
man pages when it gobbles up the files for the tar sets. Is this known and
perhaps wanted behaviour?

(I am running -current, so I'd prefer corresponding answers, if there would be
more possibilities :-) )

Many thanks in advance...

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)