Subject: Re: Problem with turning of some daemons.....
To: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/14/1999 17:01:04
On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 02:03:15PM +0200, Reinoud Koornstra wrote:
> rc-# now start the rpc servers, for YP server/client.
> rc-echo -n 'starting rpc daemons:'
> rc-
> rc:# note that portmap is generally required for all other rpc services.
> rc:if checkyesno portmap; then
> rc:     echo -n ' portmap';             portmap $portmap_flags
> rc-fi
> rc-
> rc-if checkyesno ypserv; then
> --
> rc.conf-
> rc.conf-# Daemons required by other daemons
> rc.conf-inetd=YES               inetd_flags="-l"        # -l logs libwrap
> rc.conf:portmap=NO              portmap_flags="-l"      # -l logs libwrap
> rc.conf-
> rc.conf-# Commonly used daemons
> rc.conf-update=YES              update_flags="30"
>
> Can you tell me what is wrong?
To be honest: No.

I really don't understand why portmap is started now, or
a message with something with "portmap" is printed.

Could you set portmap to something "wrong", i.e.  portmap="XXXX"?
You should see a warning at the next boot you did not have before
(WARNING: portmap is not set properly)

> Maybe you need a copy of my rc.conf file?
Well, your rc.conf looks all right, so this won't help us.. :-/
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.