Subject: Problem with turning of some daemons.....
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/14/1999 09:12:45
HI all.....

Currently i use netbsd 1.4 for i386.
Because i sometimes got warnings over my screen that ppl tryed something
on the portmap i decided to close it down (i have a T1 connection).
In the kernel i outcommented anything with that.
I also didnt want to use nfs, dont need it for anything so also i turned
that off.
Then i want to the /etc/rc.conf file and set:
nfs_client=NO
nfs_server=NO

I also set portmap=NO
Now i also believe i tured off the rpc daemons, (dont know where that is
done anymore brrrrrrr).
Hiwever, when booting i still get starting rpc daemons: portmap
starting nfs daemons: .

How is this possible?
Is it possible some of you take a look at the files wich are respnsible
for this?
Bye,

Reinoud.