Subject: Re: MII, or Media Independent Interface, wha
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/02/1999 21:55:47
On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 01:47:00PM -0500, John A. Maier wrote:
> I've see the MII, or Media Independent Interface referenced through out
> NetBSD i386 (at least).  What is it?  Can anyone give me a good place to
> go to gather more working knowledge on this topic?
> The NetBSD site is rather sparce on information.

MII is a bus used between core network controllers and physical interfaces
(10base2/AUI/10baseT/100baseTX/100baseFx/....).

There are certainly specs about it, but I don't know where.
There are also informations in the ethernet chip manufacturers (dec,
3com, texas instruments, intel, ...)

Have a look at http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/