Subject: Re: sendmail 8.9.3 on i386 1.3.x
To: Paul Peterson <P.Peterson@Arrakis.com.au>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/1999 16:42:18
On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 08:01:14PM +1000, Paul Peterson wrote:

> My problem is that when users go to send mail from their mail clients (eg
> Eudora), the forked sendmail dies on a signal 11 before getting to the
> delivery stage.

I've not seen this before. Can you run through mail by hand? (Id est, telnet
to port 25 and manually send some mail?)

> I tried using the 'packaged' sendmail from pkgsrc but this seemed
> to be missing a whole lot of files I required for building my sendmail.cf
> file.

What's missing? Are you looking in the right places? Assuming you keep your
packages in /usr/pkg, you should have a /usr/pkg/share/sendmail/cf directory
in which you can build your cf. I've been using the pkgsrc sendmail and have
had no problem building cf files with it. Details of what happens when you
try would be welcomed.

> The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So, I bought a Macintosh.

<grin>

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.