Subject: sendmail 8.9.3 on i386 1.3.x
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Peterson <P.Peterson@Arrakis.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/1999 20:01:14
Greetings,
	I am having problems with the sendmail binary for sendmail 8.9.3 on
an i386 1.3.x box.	My problem is that when users go to send mail from
their mail clients (eg Eudora), the forked sendmail dies on a signal 11
before getting to the delivery stage. Has anyone else experienced this
problem? If so what was their fix?

	I have simply built the binary by downloading the tar distribution
from sendmail.org and typing "make install" as root. I then built an 8.9.3
sendmail.cf using m4 and the config appears to do everything I want it to
when the server doesn't fail with a 'died on sinal 11' error. Idea's
anyone???

	I tried using the 'packaged' sendmail from pkgsrc but this seemed
to be missing a whole lot of files I required for building my sendmail.cf
file. sendmail 8.8.8 is currently working fine but I have the desire to
upgrade.

NB I will be posting a similar message to the sendmail news group.

Regards,
Paul Peterson.

--
      __         Paul Peterson,               P.Peterson@Arrakis.com.au
     / /\        Director,

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So, I bought a Macintosh.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please everybody. - Bill Cosby.