Subject: Question on setup printer for samba
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/17/1999 23:22:36
Hello,

I splent the whole night to configure the printer for my samba 2.0.3 and found
out that.

1.  When I print a file from the client,  the file only stored under /tmp
    without printing out.
2.  The samba printing similar doesn't like the magicfilter.  I cannot print
    the file in 1 with the it as the if for my HP5L.  The magicfilter is ok
    for any printing issue ast the server machine.
3.  I had print the print command at [Global] and it is lpr -r -P%p %s.

Any idea ?  I would like to know that the install procedure of the printer
driver for a particular printer. Thanks.

clarence

P.S. I also read the PRINT_DRIVER.txt which didn't help me much.