Subject: private account setup for user using samba ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/1999 23:04:57
Hello,

I recently installed and configure the samba on my netbsd-current (i386).
I had successfully setup the samba and allow the client to view the
the files on the server.  However,  I have problem in setting private
account for the users.  I follow the smb.conf.default to setup the
private account for users . when I tried to view the content of the
private directory for the users, password is prompted and I cannot get in
enev though I supply the correct password.  I had set the security = user
in the [global].  Here is the priavte account section.

[clarence]
   comment = clarence's directory
   path = /usr/clarence
   valid users = clarence