Subject: Re: Xwindows
To: None <lotion@snip.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/1999 21:09:41
On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 11:44:01AM -0400, lotion@snip.net wrote:
> When I try to start up Xwindows (startx)  I get thois error message
>
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
>
> What does this mean?  Thanks, Mark

That's from one of the programs (probably the window manager, or the
first line in your .xinitrc) trying to connect to the server, and
failing.

There's a line higher up, that's related to your video, or mouse
probably, that's the real problem. I usually use script to see
the full text...

script
startx
exit
more typescript

Look for errors. :-)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,