Subject: Re: Anonymous CVS now available
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/1999 20:54:56
On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 12:48:21AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > This server replaces the unsupported test anonymous CVS server which was
> > previously running on whitelodge.twinpeaks.com.
>
> Cool!
>
> Some questions:
>  - How do I check out a tree with cryptosrc-intl

You can't, from this server.  Someone outside the United States will have
to set up an anoncvs server mirroring the cvs.fi.netbsd.org CVS root.

>  - How would one check out a tree with cryptosrc-us

Were one in the United States or Canada, and had one no intent to export that
tree, nor to provide it to a foreign national -- so that it would be legal
to check the tree out -- one would simply check out the 'src-crypto-us'
module, which fetches 'src' plus 'crypto-us' into a directory called 'src'
in the current directory.

>  - Is there already a web page describing these things?

No.

Oh -- and one thing I neglected to mention: CVS in 'pserver' mode will
require you to enter a password.  It's "anoncvs".

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"