Subject: Re: PCMCIA userland scripts & FAQ (was RE: ATA pcmcia card?)
To: Lindgren, Jon <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/18/1999 23:24:27
On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Lindgren, Jon wrote:

> Would it be desirable to have a userland script run when a device is
> inserted?  I know that I'd love to have my card ifconfig'ed when I insert
> the card into the slot.  The flexibility would be nice...

	It seems pretty reasonable to me!

> Regarding the FAQ: if anyone wants to send me bits and bytes of experiences
> with pcmcia, I'd be happy to whip something up.  I'm new to pcmcia as of
> 1.4, so I've not been through the wringer...

	I've been using it on my thinkpad without much pain :)

> So please - send me your pcmcia experiences and I'll incorperate them.

	Nothing to report here - though the Lucent WaveLan thread looks
	interesting :) You may want to ask on port-i386.

		David/absolute

	"You think you're God's gift to the opposite sex"
	"Maybe... if you believe in a malevolent God."