Subject: Re: kerberos IV for dummies?
To: Curt Sampson <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/27/1999 18:45:15
>> But I'm pretty sure there
>> is an O'Reilly book with the three-headed dog on the cover if you want it.
>> i could be misremembering.
>No, O'Reilly's never had a book on Kerberos. However, AW just
>published one, which I think is the first that deals with this.
>It's a slim (162 or 192 page, depending on whom you ask :-))
>relatively cheap ($19.95) volume. You can find it at either of
>these URLs:

indeeed, this is the first book that i know of that deals solely with
kerberos.  the best before this was a cursory mention in a half dozen
books, and once in a while, a book that spent an entire chapter on it.

it's also worth mentioning

where you can find the author's "moron's guide to kerberos" pages
whence this book had its beginnings.