Subject: Promise Technology iRAID5/10 anyone?
To: None <>
From: Andrew Gillham <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/25/1999 20:54:43

I'm curious if any there are any NetBSD users that have experience
with the Promise Technology iRAID5 or iRAID10 products?  These
are SCSI<->EIDE arrays, supporting 5 (internal), or 10 (external)
EIDE drives respectively.

The iRAID5 fits in 3 5-1/4 inch slots, and supports up to 5 drives.
Using a 25GB EIDE, this would provide 100GB of RAID-5 for just over
US$3000!  The external iRAID10 would provide 225GB for just over US$6000.

I would love to hear about anyone's experiences with these controllers,
especially with NetBSD. :)

Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank                     | inadvertently.