Subject: Re: CDROM Boot image
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Bourgin <Pierre.Bourgin@lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/17/1999 20:30:42
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

 > On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 10:36:12AM -0500, John A. Maier - MIS dept. wrote:
 > > I would like to setup a bootable CD with NetBSD.  What is the general
 > > procedure for creating the image file to be put on the CD?
 > >
 > > Does it have to be iso or do you just create a ufs on the CD?
 >
 > For what architecture ? For i386 see mkisofs or mkhybrid (they're both in
 > the packages). You just need to give him a boot floppy image.

For NetBSD/i386, you can do :

% cd /.../nebsd-x-i386
% [mkisofs/mkhybrid] -a -v -r -b installation/floppies/boot.fs . -o /...../cd.iso

installation/floppies/boot.fs is the image of the netbsd
installation floppy disc.

cd.iso is the image of the cdrom you will have to write
(with cdrecord for ex.).

with mkhybrid, you can add '-J' if you want this cd readable by
MS systems.

Don't forget '.' in order to tell mkisofs/mkhybrid that you take
all files and directories from the current path.

Pierre Bourgin