Subject: Question about typedefs in system includes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/30/1999 21:16:22
Well, I played around with gzilla 0.1.7 (www.gzilla.com), a small
and simple web browser.

During compilation of interface.c I errors like: (*)
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:112: syntax error before `u_int32_t'
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:184: syntax error before `u_int8_t'
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:188: syntax error before `int8_t'
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:200: syntax error before `int8_t'

The error message is quite missleading, but that's not my point:
The offending file #includes <netinet/in.h> as only system header.
Because of that u_int32_t etc. are not typedefd. To work around
this I added "#include <sys/types.h>" to the file wich did it for
me.

(BTW: gzilla runs on NetBSD but is too incomplete to be usefull).

Since I'm not close enought to a C-God my question is:
Is the gzilla source file wrong in not including the neccessary
headers or are the NetBSD 1.4 & -current includes "not complete"?

(*) If you want to reproduce this, compile
#include <netinet/in.h>
void main () {}
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.