Subject: Re: NFS troubles on NetBSD clients with RH 6.0 Linux.
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/20/1999 18:27:48
On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 11:08:29AM -0700, Brian D Chase wrote:
> Nevermind.  Answered my own question.  I just forced the NetBSD clients to
> use NFSv2.  NetBSD is suppose to fail over to NFSv2 if v3 isn't supported
> on the server's side.  I think something is getting mucked up somewhere in
> how this is handled.

  Not to point fingers without looking at recent source code :),
but last time I looked at the Linux NFS stuff (>1 year ago),
they had some kind of pseudo-v3 hack that just treated everything like
v2 requests, IIRC.  So I think the problem is likely Linux-based,
as is usually true with NFS problems.  :(

  Brian