Subject: Re: "french"'ised NetBSD available
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/20/1999 10:40:32
On 19 May 1999 11:34:04 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp> writes:
> > On Tue, 18 May 1999 20:27:50 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > as for 1.3, I've build a kernel and boot floppies with azerty keyboard
> > > support, and sysinst with translated messages. They are available from:
> > > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/french-1.4/
> >
> > This reminds me of ...: any word on i18nized console driver?
>
> I thought the console driver *was* internationalized.

You mean, you can connect a keyboard of any language and Just Use It?
Then, why are "a kernel and boot floppies with azerty keyboard
support" necessary in the first place?  Similarly, I've seen more than
one web page describing how to patch scancode table to handle JIS
(Japanese layout) keyboards...

I have a feeling we are talking about different aspects of i18n...

Ken