Subject: Re: Help, please, with (MO) disk device on AHA.
To: Hans Dinsen-Hansen <dino@danbbs.dk>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/19/1999 12:50:57
On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 08:34:14PM +0000, Hans Dinsen-Hansen wrote:
> As a gift, I have received a HP C1711A magnetical optical disk device
> plus 9 re-writable MO disks @ 2*325 MB each.  The disks are marked
> "Formatted". Thy are with 1024 bytes per sector, 17 sectors per track,
> and 18751 tracks per side.
AFAIK NetBSD filesystems (exept cd990) don't work with sector sizes
other than 512.
(I have a Fujitsu M2513A (640MB/2048 bytes per sector) in one of
my boxes so I can feel with you here.)

> 3) Is there a format program that one should use, or is the
>    pre-formatting sufficient?
In most cases theres no need for a low level format. If you need
one you can do it the same way as with harddiscs.
(SCSI command "FORMAT UNIT").
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.