Subject: Re: SETI@Home clients
To: None <>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/17/1999 13:46:00
John Franklin wrote:

> The Berkeley SETI@Home page ( has got
> i386 FreeBSD and Linux binaries.  This is something I'd like to run on
> my Alpha.
> Does anybody know the status of the netbsd-alpha binaries?  Their statistics
> page[1] shows netbsd-alpha versions connecting, albeit only one data package
> which would imply testing of some sort but still a port.
> [1]

Don't be greedy - I've got a stack of VAXen that I'm waiting to set loose on
that project, too. Has there been any encouraging development on NetBSD/anyport?
Seems like this is the kind of thing that VAXen would be perfectly suited for
(:>), provided the source/compiler makes use of all of the 'extra' VAX