Subject: NFS troubles on NetBSD clients with RH 6.0 Linux.
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/1999 11:01:01
Anyone here see troubles mounting NFS filesystems served from RH 6.0 on
their NetBSD systems?  I've tried from both 1.3.2 and 1.4 clients.  I can
get the filesystems to mount okay.  They show up if I run the NetBSD
'mount' command, but not the under the 'df' command.  Any attmept to
access the filesystems or their contents results in an message stating
"Protocol not supported".  On the Linux side, I get messages like:

  May 16 10:26:37 voodoo kernel: svc: unknown version (3)

Which I'm taking to mean that the NetBSD clients are trying to talk with
the Linux server using NFSv3 but Linux the kernel can't handle it.

-brian.
---