Subject: Re: IP-NAT and DCC
To: Guido Falsi +-|- <mad@mail.cosmos.it>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/1999 17:35:26
On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 10:17:48PM +0200, Guido Falsi +-|- wrote:

> Is there a way to make dcc wrk throught ipnat using some line similar to the
>
> map ppp0 192.168.0.13/32  -> 0.0.0.0/32  proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
>
> we use for ftp?

FTP is a nailed down port, is it not? I think you can probably do outbound
DCC connections fine, but I'm not sure how you can manage doing inbound
connections. (I don't actually know enough about DCC to know how it works
on the port level, so I'm pretty much just guessing. I *think* not having
a nailed-down port will be an issue, though.)

> do I need to install socks5?

That would probably do the trick...

--
Mason Loring Bliss             (( "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  )) build  their nest  with fragments  dropped