Subject: Re: kerberos IV for dummies?
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/05/1999 09:45:17
>The Athena paper and the man pages were just barely almost enough for me
>on BSDI.  (i also had a release note from BSDI)  But I'm pretty sure there
>is an O'Reilly book with the three-headed dog on the cover if you want it.
>i could be misremembering.

bzzt!  no, sorry.  i don't think they ever did.  i've never seen (but
i've often wished about it) and a quick search for kerberos at yields up a distinct lack of coverage.  no documents

their book _practical unix & internet security_ does have a broad
overview of what kerberos is, but nothing about setting it up.  the
best book i've found for that is out of print (so soon???  it's (c)

and barring that, i assert that "there are no books on kerberos
anywhere".  i just hope to be proven wrong.