Subject: Re: NetBSD based hosting services?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Weisberg <jaw@Op.Net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/1999 10:27:18
| I've got a domain name setup with Icom (www.icom.com) for $8.95/month.
| I would like to find a similar arrangement, but I would like a provider
| that uses NetBSD, and has shell accounts. (and better security than
| Icom)
|
| If you are a hosting provider, or know someone that is, please send me
| some information.
| Some requirements:
| 	  Must use NetBSD servers. (preferably doesn't support MS at all)
| 	  A shell account, not just ftp.
| 	  Oh, modern versions of NetBSD and apache would be nice.
| 	  Reasonable disk space. (Icom gives 45MB)
| 	  Unlimited bandwidth.
| 		  This tends to disturb resource conscious providers,
| 		  but I can't have a wanker with 'wget' and a DS3 costing
| 		  me $$$$$ overnight.

well,
	we host web sites.
	we offer shell accounts.
	we run NetBSD on some machines (we are a NetBSD mirror site).
	we don't do microsoft.
	we'll give you 100MB of disk.

	we don't run NetBSD on the machines you'd have access to (SunOS boxes).
	we don't do unlimited bw (but we have never yet had a customer
	exceed the limit we set).
	we don't play anywhere near the 8.95 neighborhood.

	(see www.clicko.com and/or www.op.net)

	--jeff